2022 Minnesota Primary Voting Guide
We want to make you know where, when, and how you can vote in the August 9th primary election. Here's your guide!
KEY ELECTION DATES
1. June 24th: Absentee ballots start being mailed out to voters
2. Friday, June 24th: First day to vote early in person
3. Monday, August 8th: Last day to vote early in person
4. Tuesday, August 9th: Primary Election Day
HELPFUL VOTING SITES
1. VOTE411.org: We know how hard it can be to find information on local candidates, so the League of Women Voters of MN is providing a voter guide for the primary. Enter your address to see which races and candidates will be on your ballot and read candidate answers to questions!
2. City of Moorhead's voting site finder: Use this link to enter your address and find your polling place
3. See what's on your ballot at https://myballotmn.sos.state.mn.us/
4. MN Secretary of State - Use the link below to find your polling place, learn about voting hours, and more https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections.../election-day-voting
In Minnesota, you do not need an ID on election day.
If you are pre-registered, simply show up to your correct polling place on election day, provide your first and last name, verify your address, and you're done! You may already be pre-registered.
Check on your voter registration status at https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterStatus.aspx
You may register on election day, but it is so much easier if you get registered beforehand. You can get pre-registered up until 20 days before Election Day.
Register to vote at https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/.../VoterRegistrationMain...
ABSENTEE VOTING (June 24 - August 9)
Apply for an absentee ballot at https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/.../ABRegistrationStep1.aspx
Or print and mail at
Absentee ballots are accepted right up until election day, but please note that the city must receive your ballot on or before the polls close on election day. Ballots received after election day will not be counted.
EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING (June 24 - August 8)
Vote early in-person at your county's election office
ELECTION DAY VOTING - AUGUST 9th (7am - 8pm)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to redistricting, it is highly probable that your polling place has changed!
Enter your address to find your polling place at http://apps.cityofmoorhead.com/voting/
The City of Moorhead has a description of all wards & precinct boundaries and all polling locations throughout the city at https://www.cityofmoorhead.com/home/showdocument?id=2464
Curbside Voting is allowed at all polling places, but voters seeking curbside voting are encouraged to go to the County Office to receive this service.
As long as you're in line by 8pm, you can vote, even if you do not reach the front of the line until after 8pm
2022 MN PRIMARY ELECTION FUN FACTS
All county, statewide, and federal races move on to the general election in November.
This Primary Election is partisan. Voters may not "mix and match" parties, but will have a chance to do so in the General Election in November.
In Minnesota, it is illegal for an election judge to request to see a Driver's License or other ID.
Minnesota residents are allowed to request an absentee ballot every day of the year, except on Election Day.
In special situations, you may ask an agent to pick up and return an absentee ballot for you, also called “agent delivery.” Learn more at https://www.sos.state.mn.us/.../other.../vote-early-by-mail/
Election Judges perform sensitive tasks, like end-of-day ballot delivery with a party-balance, meaning at least two election judges from different parties must perform the task together.
Peaceful Observers are allowed to watch Election Judges perform closing duties.